ChampionX · Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
ChampionX has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant based in Dubai.
What’s In It For You
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- Access to Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s). These grassroots, employee-led groups are open to anyone in the organization and allow employees to come together to explore common interests and foster a diverse and inclusive workplace within the organization
- Access to multiple knowledge sharing platforms to enhance collaboration and engagement.
What You Will Do
- Complete the month end closure procedures and activities for specific legal entities/branches in MEA region, co-ordinating with all stakeholders, country local finance, to complete books of accounts (local as well as US GAAP), reconcile and report in HFM/EPM as per corporate requirements.
- Reporting numbers through HFM tool.
- Accounting and bookkeeping for the JV and branches.
- Monthly reconciliations and Balance sheet reviews
- Support local statutory requirements eg. VAT/WHT, tax returns, local content reporting, etc. filing
- SOX control implementation, self-assessment and SOX audit readiness.
- Drive adherence to Internal Financial Controls, company policy & procedures and perform self-assessment.
- Managing the working capital with focus on DOH, DSO and DPO and preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly cash flows and other day to day treasury/banking related activities.
- Handling Accounts payable, helping customer invoices and other day to day accounting and controlling activities and coordination with stakeholders on ad-hoc queries.
- Intercompany balance reporting including reconciliation, mark-up elimination, allocation, etc.
- Support on US GAAP Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting, including, but not limited to, working capital, cash flow, Flux, analytical reviews, taxation etc.
- Facilitation of Internal and External audit, ESR and annual Group audit reporting.
- Initiate and maintain inter-departmental and cross-company relationships
Minimum Education And Experience
- Professional qualifications desired (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with outstanding communication skills
- Hands-on attitude and able to prioritize work and advice the team on best course of action to meet company’s objectives
- Keep Internal/SOX controls while performing day to day duties.
- Detailed knowledge and experience working in IFRS/US GAAP (including implementation); be able to effectively manage day to day accounting activities; strong knowledge on Record to Report, Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay business cycles
- Result oriented and supporter of accounting and finance best practices
- Positive attitude is paramount
- 8-12 years’ experience in a similar Accounting/Finance role in a regional or corporate HQ of MNC company
- SAP experience needed
- Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS requirements
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.