Dubizzle Group · Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Dubizzle Group is a multinational operation built on people that are plugged in, hungry for innovation, and live outside the box. We own and operate 8 bespoke leading brands in emerging markets, across 25 cities globally.
At Dubizzle Group, we constantly aim to disrupt traditional processes by introducing solutions that make property and classifieds search faster, easier, and simpler. Our competitive advantage comes from the tremendous value we add to the businesses that work with us, and the significant ease we provide to end users. We aim to use digital tools to conquer emerging markets, one portal at a time!
In this role, you will
As a Group Accountant, you will assist in coordinating the month-end process and all general accounting activities for the designated holding companies. You will assist in the overall group accounting process of the Dubizzle Group. You will get involved with the accounting of various of the group’s subsidiaries. You will also perform account reconciliations, financial analysis, and statutory reporting.
- Perform month-end journals and general ledger accounting for respective holding companies/subsidiaries as per accounting policies and procedures
- Perform ledger reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, Balance sheet and P&L analysis
- Prepare draft statutory financial statements underlying disclosures based on IFRS
- Prepare workings for various accounting treatments as per IFRS
- Coordination with auditors during statutory audits of the respective holding entities
- Oversee the assigned entities’ day-to-day accounting processes, ensuring that proper books of accounts are maintained for effective financial control following corporate standards and statutory requirements
- Assist in the Grop AP process, cash and banking reporting,
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns, Group consolidation, audit and other reporting processes
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of financial and accounting operations and systems, procedures and practices considering automation and improvement of business processes
- Work closely with other members of the Finance team, such as the Business Partners and Systems Accountant, in the provision of support to business colleagues
- Assist the Group reporting team in all accounting and reporting matters.
- Work closely with the team to achieve the overall team’s objectives.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ accounting and financial reporting experience in a Group account/finance role, OR Minimum of 3 years experience working in reputable audit firms.
- Detailed understanding and application of IFRS (including newly introduced standards)
- Expert in using MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint
- Knowledge of using Sage ERP, and consolidation software OneStream (desirable)
- Knowledge of basic VAT concepts (desirable)
- Relationship building and stakeholder management ability strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Possess analytical, statistical and numeracy skills including problem-solving and attention to detail
- A fast paced, high performing team.
- Multicultural environment with over 50 different nationalities
- Competitive Tax-free Salary
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Annual Air Ticket Allowance
- Employee discounts at multiple vendors across the emirates
- Rewards & Recognitions
- Learning & Development
Dubizzle Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.